Support for victims of crime in the Cleveland area

Victim Services are here to support you if you have, or think you may have been, a victim of crime in the Redcar & Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton or Hartlepool areas. This is a free service; our friendly and experienced team have been helping people since 2016.

How do I know whether I need help? Click to play.

Supporting anyone affected by crime or antisocial behaviour

The Victim Care and Advice Service (VCAS) is available to anyone affected by crime in the Cleveland area. We provide a free, independent and confidential service, that responds to your individual circumstances.  We help you to cope with the initial impact of what’s happened, provide support through the Criminal Justice System, if required, and assist you in your journey to recovery.

How does our Victim Care and Advice Service work?

What to expect?

We are an independent service and we provide high quality, personalised support to anyone affected by crime, including those who witness crime.

Find out more
Do I need to have reported it?

No, we can provide practical and emotional support to help you, regardless of whether you have reported it or not.

Find out more
How can you support us?

Some of the people who have received support from us, become volunteers within our team so they can give something back and help others.

Find out more

We are here to help and support anyone who has been affected by crime

No matter when it happened, where it happened and regardless of whether it was reported to the Police, we are a free and confidential service and our friendly team will be able to offer you practical or emotional support, to help you move forward with your life.

Our Victim Care team are all experienced and professional; we will help to you to understand your rights.

Self Referrals

If you would like support from the Victim Care and Advice Service, please complete the self-referral form. Once you have submitted that form, we will contact you within three working days.

Make a referral
Professional Referrals

If you would like to refer someone into the Victim Care and Advice Service, then please complete the professional referral form and we will be in touch to explain how we can help.

Make a referral